Saturday, August 23, 2008

OK so it is 8:30 and Jacob has been in bed for about 15 minutes, yeah! Since school is starting we thought we should start getting him to bed early. I had planned on starting about a week ago but it never seemed to work out so two nights before school starts is going to have to work. How is it that my baby is starting second grade, am I old enough to have a second grader? Last night was Sneek Peek at school. I got to meet all the kiddos that I will have for the first 2 and a half weeks of school. I'm really excited it seems like a great group of kids. Jacob is excited about 2nd grade and he has the BEST 2nd grade teacher ever! I spent a lot of the day today cleaning house and doing laundry life is going to be so busy starting Monday I figured it might be a good idea to have a clean house with all the laundry put away, that makes me so happy. Can I just say that I hate laundry! I can put it in the washer all day even switch it to the drier but the putting away and folding is the pits! I have to switch topics and tell you that I have an amazing friend named Courtney!!! I asked her if she would help me pick out new glasses (because she has really good taste) so on Thursday morning at 10 am she met me at the mall to pick them out, all 4 of her cute kids in tow, she is so sweet. I have to say I think we did a good job choosing, the lady at Eyemasters told me they were fun but professional. Sometimes I look in the mirror and I'm like those are way cute then sometimes I'm like uh oh did I buy the right ones. I think that I am really liking them more it is nice to have something different. I will post a picture later. Another topic switch...I have a friend that was just diagnosed with breast cancer and she is only 26! I could not believe it! She is younger then me, I thought you had to be like over 40 to get breast cancer. I knew that some people got it young, but 26! It is definitely a reminder to do your monthly breast exam, I don't do one, but I will now. I can't imagine how she is feeling. I was telling a friend today that I think Heavenly Father really knows what trials we can handle. I was like would I want what happened to me or what happened to her. I don't know if I could go through what she is going to have to go through. I think about other friends and their trials and I don't think I would want what they have gone through either. Does this make sense? Basically what I am trying to say is that I truly believe that we are given what we can endure through. Thanks for reading my ramblings. I'm off to fold laundry while watching the Olympics.

4 comments:

Lisa M said...

I thought your glasses were adorable, I loved them.

Courtney said...

I totally saw you in sacrement and I was like I love her glasses. Then I was like oh ya we picked those out! We made a great desicion. I will totally miss you these next few weeks. What am I going to do without you and Hil.

Dane and Natalie said...

I want to see your glasses. And I agree about having trials you can handle. And I am with you on the laundry thing. I, too, don't mind the actual washing and drying. It's getting them put away. They never all seem to get put away. Why do I always have a plethora of unmatched socks and random T-Shirts hanging out?

Andrea said...

Yeah. I'm with you on the laundry thing. I may or may not have 8 piles of folded laundry on my couch. :)