Sunday, August 17, 2008

Can I Get A Woo Hoo?

Friday was girls night out, can I get a woo hoo? I love girls night out! This time we went to BJ's Restaurant. We ate there in California and I didn't realize there was one here. They have the best deep dish pizza I have ever eaten. There ended up being 13 of us which makes for a lot of good conversation. The restaurant has several TV's around with sports on. The Olympics were on and Michael Phelps was swimming. Everyone was watching and then cheered when he won. It was so neat to watch it with so many people and to have everyone get so excited.
Robin, Hilary, Me, Suzy, Katy, Jennie Jo, Nora, Cristina, Sandee, Joanna, & Courtney (Andrea & Jennifer left before we took the picture)

OK so many of you know (mostly the ones who live here) that I have been needing new people called to Primary. I was about to go on strike and tell the Bishop that he had to run Primary for a few weeks. OK we all know that I would never do that but it was really hard being short so many people. Well today everything got filled and then some and now I have an extra teacher! I'm so excited that I can't stand it. My 2nd counselor moved this week, so sad, and they already called me a new counselor. She is going to do a fabulous job!!! It was definitely a great Sunday.

OK so many of you also might know (again probably the ones that live here) that we started Clomid this month, can I get another woo hoo? We found out Friday that the medication is doing what it is supposed to be doing. We don't know if we are pregnant yet, but at least the medicine worked. If it didn't we would have had to double the dose and wait another month and see if it worked then. Anyway, I was way excited. So you may be asking yourself what does that mean that it worked, well it means I ovulated. I've never been so excited to ovulate before in my life! I'm really excited and hope that we will be sharing news of pregnancy in the next few months. So I'm going to share a frustration with you all. I often hear friends or people around me talk about breastfeeding or middle of the night wake up calls or siblings fighting or all the other stuff that happens with babies or multiple children. I would give anything to have those things happening in my life. I would gladly welcome the cry of a baby in my home even if it was at 2 am, or the pain or sickness of being pregnant. I would give anything to see the smile on Jacob's face as he holds his baby brother or sister for the first time. I don't write this to be like oh poor me because I am extremely blessed to have the two children I do and to have such a wonderful husband and a wonderful life. Just take a few minutes to remember how truly blessed you are to have what you do.

On a lighter note... our ant situation is much better. They do seem to have migrated to the bathrooms though. There are definitely not as many. I think I'm going to call them to come back this week and put the gel stuff they use in the bathrooms. But compared to what it was like before I would say it is 95% better. Why does there have to be so many ants in this world? What are there purpose anyway?

5 comments:

Stephanie Gormley said...

I am so glad to hear that the medicine is working for you! I am also excited that I get to be back in primary teaching and working with the cub scouts.

Dani's Blog said...

I miss yall and the girl nights!! It looks like yall had a great time.. Im glad to hear that you are doing well...

Courtney said...

It was so much fun! I loved the pizza! Way to go on the ovulation! Move those little guys out.

Dane and Natalie said...

Erin, you are one of the most amazing people I know. You are awesomely funny and profound at the same time. Even though I don't talk to you a lot you enter my thoughts a lot and I just wish there were more Erins in the world. Thank you for writing that about appreciating your children. I have been making a conscious effort to do that and have had many great "teaching moments" instead of "disasters". I miss all of you. It is a little hard to see all my friends together and I am not there. Maybe I will just photo shop my face in and I can pretend! Hopefully I will be back soon to join in the fun.

Oh...and WORD on the ants! I am crazy about ants. I see one ant and I am instantly scanning my house with a can of Raid in hand. I HATE them!!! That is one thing I don't miss about Texas right now.

Is this a comment or a letter? I will shut up now. Have a great day!

Tiffany said...

I miss everyone so much!! I have no life here in vegas. Thanks for posting the pic, it was great to see everyone. I agree with Natalie I'm just going to photo shop myself to girls night out! Congrats on the medicine. You are in my prayers and thoughts!