
Here are a few pictures from last week. Once a year we have Kid Day at our house. This was the second year we did it. Basically Jacob gets to do whatever he wants that day and gets breakfast in bed. He thinks it is really cool. He chose to go to Chuckie Cheese with his friend. They had a lot of fun. On Thursday we decided to get crafty and we made homemade clay and painted pictures. Last week Jacob had 3 games because they had 1 make up game. He was exhausted by the end of it all. Friday we discovered he had strep throat. The doctor gave him a shot in his bum (which did not feel good) and by Sunday he was feeling better. We have been watching a lot of the Olympics this weekend, I love it! The opening ceremony was amazing. I watched the USA men's relay swimming team beat France last night, which they were not supposed to do. I've watched it about 3 times and every time I get so excited! Also last week Jacob's school called and asked me to sub the first 2 and a half weeks of school. One of the 3rd grade teachers will be out on maternity leave. I'm excited to do it! I was telling Kevin earlier that day that it feels weird that school is starting and I'm not doing anything. Last year I started the year out subbing long term and I ended the year doing long term. It should be pretty easy. The teacher is very organized and will have everything together. I can't believe that my baby will be a second grader! It is crazy! I love his teacher and I'm excited for a new school year to start.

4 comments:
I saw the same relay last night. They totally ROCKED it!!! Fabulous!
I can't believe how big and grown up Jacob is getting. What a sweet little boy. I love the idea of Kid Day. I think my kids would love it too even though everyday is pretty much kid day around here. I'm such a sucker when it comes to them.
That is so cute! You are the best mom. It sounds like you guys are doing well still. I can't wait to see you in less than a year! Jacob is such a cutie. How do you ever resist those huge brown eyes?
I love kid day. What a fantastic idea.
Post a Comment