Yesterday was a beautiful day so we loaded up the bikes to drove over to Craven's Park. It is just around the corner but for one part there is no side walk and I didn't want to do that with Jacob. The park has a great trail system that goes on for several miles. We went for about 1.5 miles or so and then came back. Jacob was having a great time he told me that he loved bike riding and he was so glad that we had come. Then my sister Olya saw a big uprooted tree and said hey let's stop and see it and so she stopped immediately. Jacob was right behind her and I was right behind him. He ran into her and fell hard and then I ran right over his right arm. He ended up being ok but I was a little (ok lets be honest I started to freak out then realized I had to be calm) worried. He scratched up his knee pretty bad and you can see the tire marks on his arm from me. I felt like a horrible mom but I pulled on my brakes and it all happened so fast. It was probably better that I ran over his arm rather then falling on top of him. He was pretty shaken up but after a few minutes he got back up and was ready to go (with a lot of encouragement from us). Even with that it was still fun. Jacob wanted to have stick races he thinks that is so much fun. There are a few places along the trail where the water from the creek goes under the sidewalk through drainage holes so we would stand on one side and throw our sticks in and then go to the other side and see whose stick would come out first, kids are so easily amused! It was nice to be outside and enjoy a family bike ride.


Last night my sisters asked if they could spend the night...sure. Well the two of them ended up being four girls because they wanted two friends to come along. We don't mind, I'm glad they like coming over here and having fun. Well all four girls were out back on the trampoline and Jacob was feeling a little sad because he was not feeling up to jumping with his bum knee and he wanted to be having fun with the girls. So Kevin asked me to fill up Jacob's super soaker that Grandma Quinn bought him for his birthday and have him go and soak the girls. Jacob was so on board with this. His sadness soon turned to total excitement. I stood outside ready to record their reaction. At first they had no idea he had a water gun when he got up on the trampoline and then they all started screaming and running. Jacob thought it was great! I took a video and if you are wondering what Jacob is wearing he has on one of Kevin's shirts with his head and one arm through the head hole and one arm in an arm hole. He said he was being a cave man. Really the video is so dark you can't see anything (when I was taking it you could see more but the video came out too dark) but at least you can hear the girls screaming and here all of the action...sorry about my obnoxious laugh it was so much fun to watch!
I went to bed at midnight and the girls were still having a ton of fun, who knows what time they went to bed but they are all still sleeping. When I woke up this morning there was evidence of pizza eating and koolaid drinking all over my kitchen :)
2 comments:
I'm glad you were able to cheer him up. That's quite the road rash on his knee! Sounds like everyone had fun at the sleepover.
Poor guy, not many kids can say that their Mom ran them over! :) love ya!
Post a Comment