Sunday, May 4, 2008

Family History

Last night was the adult session of Stake Conference. We learned about the new Family Search website for doing genealogy. It was an awesome meeting and it really inspired me to continue my family history. In December Kevin and I went to the temple to do work for some of my ancestors, it was an amazing experience. I have always been some what frustrated with not being able to find many people with the name of Frainee when I do family history. Well I logged onto the new website at www.new.familysearch.org and it is a really easy program and I saw new Frainee names that I had never seen before, I can't wait to get started on trying to figure out where they all fit. I feel like my ancestors are depending on me. I am the only member of the church on my dad's side of the family. I took a family history class at Ricks and I have had two family history callings I really think my ancestors are waiting for me and I don't want to make them wait anymore. Last year after Breanna died I felt a great push to continue my family history I felt like I had an extra helper on the other side. I am thankful for President Hinckley's inspiration in starting this new program and I am excited to be a part of it.

No comments: