Monday, May 12, 2008

Cleaning Your Room Is Fun To Do

I was sweeping the kitchen a little bit ago and Jacob comes in wearing Kevin's flip flops, he said he was putting them away. I responded with oh are you cleaning up your bedroom without me even asking. (Kevin always leaves his shoes in there at night when he reads to Jacob and Jacob usually doesn't want to pick them up because daddy left them there he says.) Jacob responded with well I'm not done yet. I don't know if he was planning on cleaning or my question gave him the idea but whatever it was I was happy that he was cleaning his room. He made his bed and put everything away...he even put the books in the book closet! This was a pretty amazing experience for me. He then said that he needed to organize his closet but because it was getting late I told him that would have to wait until tomorrow. He then said to me mom I'm going to help by cleaning up more! Yay for him! I love it when he says sweet things like this. If you remember back a few months ago he had a new philosophy one day similar to this one and he said that he liked to listen to me and he was going to listen the first time (it was something along those lines). Well that pretty much crashed and burned within a day or two. Let's hope his new cleaning philosophy lasts a little longer.

1 comment:

Hil said...

Is Jacob free to come clean my room?