Saturday, April 5, 2008

My Sweet Little Boy

I just had to share about our experience today when we went to Breanna's grave. When we got there we noticed the vase was gone. I was really concerned but right below her spot there was a brand new burial so I figured they had just taken it out for that funeral. We went to the office and the lady told us that they turn them upside down for funerals and they just had not turned it back over yet. That made me feel much better. So we went back and figured it out and all was well. Jacob put the flowers in the vase. This is where he melted my heart...he asked if we could say a prayer and we said yes. He said OK lets kneel down. So the three of us knelt down next to her grave and Jacob said the sweetest prayer. He asked Heavenly Father to watch over Breanna in heaven (which he does often in our prayers at home) and he asked for all the babies in baby land (the part of the cemetery where Breanna is buried is just for babies and children and it is called Baby Land) to be safe as well. Of course that made his mommy and daddy cry. It was just the sweetest prayer and he thought of it all on his own. I told him that Breanna was very blessed to have him for a big brother. I am truly thankful for Jacob and his sweet spirit. I am thankful that although he is so young that he realizes that he has a sister and that we will be with her one day. We are truly blessed to be his parents.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Jacob really is such a sweet boy! He is so smart and you guys have done a great job talking to him about Breanna. Very touching!

Torrie said...

I love a child's little tender heart. What a sweet experience. Your children are blessed to have such a strong and wonderful family. It sounds like Jacob thinks of Breanna often. What a sweet big brother.

Courtney said...

What a sweet boy! It seems like he is way above his years with such tender thoughts like that. You've got a keeper!