Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I am having a pity party...all are invited to join!

OK...I'm totally stressed out and all I want to do is cry! Oh boo hoo poor me! Do you ever just have those days? Well today and yesterday too has been like that for me. I feel like I have too much to do and not enough time to do it all. I really am questioning if I made the right choice in subbing this class full time until the end of the year, I want OCS back! Life in OCS was soooo easy! I now have lesson plans, grading, progress reports, and everything else that goes along with being a full time teacher and I feel like I can't keep my head above water. There will be a lot of changes in Primary with the new Stake boundaries and that is going to take a lot of time. I am still on my medication from my back and for some reason I ran out of the steroids early. I was 10 pills short, I'm supposed to take 4 pills for 4 days, 3 pills for 3 days and so on until I have 1 pill for 1 day. Well I didn't have 3 to take today I only had 1. With all that I have going on I didn't think about it. So I go to my mom's tonight and she is like you can't just stop taking those types of pills you can have a heart attack. Ya right mom, no she was serious. So I call the pharmacy and explain my situation and they must have agreed because without much questioning they said that they have the 10 pills I am short waiting and I can come and pick them up. So at least I won't be dying of a heart attack tonight I took my 3 pills for the day, one less stress I guess. Need I go on? Yes...maybe it will make me feel better. The first week of May is Teacher Appreciation week. I am in charge of that (wait, shouldn't I be being appreciated???) of course I took this on long before I agreed to sub full time. So I'm not quite sure how all of that is going to work out. I need to figure it out ASAP and ask for some help, there is no way I can do a teacher luncheon and the other things that go on that week all by myself. Now to my house, it is a disaster and my kitchen is nasty and Jacob has no clean pants for tomorrow (he would if every pair of jeans he owns did not have holes in the knees). Blah blah blah....I've now vented sufficiently I must go do dishes and laundry. Thanks to my sweet husband who, while busy at work, listened to me cry/complain/vent on the phone. If you are wondering if it is that time of the month for me the answer is...YES that just means that I feel bloated and I'm not pregnant and I'm extra moody. I've always thought I wasn't that moody while I was on my period I guess I am now! OK I must go Jacob just got out of the shower and is asking for clean underwear. I know that there are some wet ones in the dryer but that's it, hopefully there is a clean pair in the pile of clean clothes on my bed. I hope that last part was not too much information for those reading...I'm debating whether to erase it or not (the part about the period not the underwear). OK there are officially no clean underwear for Jacob he just pulled a wet pair out of the dryer good thing he doesn't seem to mind.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that Jacob is wearing wet undies! That make me LOL! I was going to call you tonight but I got sucked into AI and then it was late. hang in there! love ya lots!

Torrie said...

I hope things get better for you soon. It stinks having days like that. You will be able to pull everything off wonderfully and you'll wonder what you ever stressed about!

Hil said...

Erin, one thing I do know is that the end of the school year literally zips by! You'll be done before you know it - seriously.

Glad you have your mom so close to take care of you and give you good advice (and scare you to death). :)

No one expects you to be used to doing all of the things that go with being a full-time teacher. Ask for help! Especially with that Teacher Appreciation luncheon. Someone else on the PTA board should be able to handle that one especially since it's a month away!
Love your guts, girl!!

Hil said...

Warning: The previous post is overly laden with exclamation points!

Heather said...

Don't you just love boys they are so whatever mom down to the wet undies. That is too cute but so much a boy. Hang in there.
I have watch you in Primary just pull things off and be great you can do this.

Wendy said...

Erin, you are so funny! I love that you are so candid about everything! Hopefully you are feeling much better and little less stressed.