Today the AP asked if I wanted to do OCS again. I said yes! OCS (on campus suspension) is a full time sub job which means my pay goes up by $10 a day. It will be every day. I could just continue to sub a couple of days a week but the great thing about OCS is that it is so easy! I sit in a room all day with a couple of kids who are in there for various discipline issues. I try to talk with the kids and have some sort of influence on them that is positive. I help them with their assignments and I have to be really strict with them, OCS is not supposed to be fun. Most of them have had me in their regular class before so they expect me to be nice (you know because I'm a nice girl) and they are a little surprised when I am so strict with them, but I don't want them to want to come back to OCS. I have already agreed to sub several days over the next few months for other teachers so I will just have someone sub for me...a sub for the sub. Anyway...let's be honest I'm most excited about the $$$. It is nice to go to work and not have to worry about work when you leave, no papers to grade and no lessons to prepare. I can read, cut coupons, or do just about anything else I can take with me. I start on Tuesday because I have a sub job tomorrow and Monday.
Today the PTA president and I went shopping! I am the PTA board member over teacher appreciation (which I love!). We decided the teachers lounge needed a little updating it had floral print table clothes and curtains with an old country looking wall paper border. The border is gone and we got a new valance, tablecloths, center pieces, and large letters to hang on the wall that spell ASHWORTH (the name of the school). The teachers really loved the new look. Tonight we went to the AISD school board meeting where they were honoring the teachers at Ashworth for being an exemplary school. The teachers work so hard, it was nice to seem them recognized, I love Jacob's school and I feel so blessed that he goes there.
Daisy is about 95% back to herself. I took her off the pain medication which helped, that medicine really doped her up. She is still on the antibiotic and steroids for a few more days. She still has to wear the silly collar which hits the walls and furniture when she walks. She is eating and drinking on her own now so I don't have so syringe feed her beef broth anymore. I'm so thankful that she is almost back to her normal self.
Tomorrow night we are going ice skating for my nieces birthday...that should be fun. I am a terrible ice skater and Jacob has never been it should make for an interesting night hopefully their will be no trips to the ER!
OK I think I have rambled for long enough.
2 comments:
I'm glad Daisy is getting back to normal. Those little collars are so sad. Good thing we don't have to wear them when we get hurt! Although maybe it would be a good way to get kids to stop picking their nose. If they can't get to it, they can't pick it!
I will miss you! (insert tears)
Post a Comment