Monday, September 15, 2008

It is only 65 degrees right now!

The weather today is beautiful! I have my front door open and letting cool air in, I love it! OK I have some sad news to report about Daisy. She is doing much better but we had to take her to the doggie ER at 2:30 am Sunday morning. We took her to the groomers on Wednesday and they shaved her too short around her neck. She started scratching so much that she made herself bleed and cut open her skin. I called my friend Deb who breeds dogs and asked her what to do. She told us to give her a bath and then give her some Benadryl and then put socks over her feet and tape them so that she couldn't scratch them anymore. We did all that. Saturday night when Kevin got home from closing at work the sides of her neck were oozing greenish stuff and she was so hot and she was shaking so bad. I was crying thinking that my dog was going to die. Side note...after Breanna died we got Daisy and after everyone went home and everyone went back to work and I was left alone at home Daisy was my buddy, it was so nice to have her and to take care of her, we really bonded and I love her so much, the thought of losing her broke my heart. So I get online and I find a 24 hour medical place for animals and I call my mom and we took her in. She had a temperature of 104, dogs should be around 99 with 102 being the high. So almost $300 later they had shaved the area around her neck and washed it and got all the goop off, they prescribed her antibiotics, steroids, and pain medicine, and she has to wear an e-collar that she hates to keep her from scratching at herself. She won't drink out of a bowl so I have to give her water and beef broth out of a syringe. She won't eat her food but I have gotten her to eat doggie treats and a hot dog. She is better but I think she is so doped up on medicine that she kind of zones out. I also give her Benadryl to help with the itching and to help her sleep. I was supposed to work today but I can't leave her alone because I have to make sure she is drinking water and that she doesn't get the big collar thing stuck on anything. Poor baby... hopefully in a week she will be back to her happy self.

Daisy with her sad face and cone on her head. She must feel dumb with that thing on her head.

No comments: