Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Circuit of Death (to be said with a low scary voice)

Yesterday was my last time with my personal trainer :( He told me since I had lost weight he thought I could handle more. Here is a little run down. 5 minutes on the stair master (my least favorite machine in the ENTIRE gym), planks and then crunches with my legs straight up in the air, then off to what he called the circuit of death! I had to do the whole line of machines that work every muscle which is fine because I do them all the time. Well the catch was instead of my normal 3 reps of 10 or even sometimes 20 I had to do 1 rep of 40 on each machine (around 10) and in between each machine I had to do 10 squats! Needless to say I was sweating really bad! While I'm on the last machine he informs me that I'm going to the treadmill next to run. Maybe he didn't realize that I DON'T run! So I start at a brisk walk all the while thinking I'm going to fall off the back of this thing. Then he says I'm going to go a mile, walking and running. It started of 30 seconds of running 30 of walking. Not so bad I was actually pretty impressed with myself. Four months ago when I started working out I could have never done this. Then he increased it to walk for a minute and run for a minute. I finished my mile in 14 min. and 43 seconds. I know that does not sound so great to some of you but remember I never run on the treadmill I only walk. He told me that next time I need to get it under that time and improve each time. I have to say that I was spent afterwards but I'm so glad I did it. Having a trainer really teaches you how to push yourself during your workout and I'm so thankful that I was able to learn all that I have. After his workout I went to 30 min. of Zumba and then home to RELAX!

3 comments:

Torrie said...

Sounds like he is the Trainer of Death. I'm glad you rewarded yourself with Zumba at the end of your torture session. You're so funny.

Hil said...

You're really looking great, Erin! All of your hard work is paying off. ☺

Erin said...

Thanks Hil.