Friday, July 11, 2008
Happy Anniversary (yesterday)
Yesterday was our 9 year anniversary. It's crazy that it has been 9 years already. And not to sound too corny it truly has been the best 9 years ever! I love being married to Kevin. He is an amazing father and husband. He works so hard for our family and Jacob and I are truly blessed that he is ours! Yesterday was a great day we started by going to the pool. We went to the city pool that has 2 waters slides and a diving board. Jacob thought this was great! I think he could have kept jumping off the diving board all day long. After a couple hours at the pool we headed home. Kevin had made reservations at Fogo de Chao. It was amazing!!! The best meat (15 different kinds) we have ever had. Kevin was in food heaven. They also had palenta (not to be confused with placenta), I don't know if that is how you spell it but it is some kind of fried corn bread that was so yummy. There was also these tiny little parmesan rolls, also to die for! It was the nicest restaurant we have ever been to. When I got up to go to the bathroom and came back to my seat somebody was right there to push my chair in for me as I sat. My water was never empty they usually filled it before I drank half. You never ran out of anything because they brought more before you could ask. It is one of those restaurants where they come around with the food on a giant skewer and they slice the meat off for you or slip it off the end depending on the meat. My favorite was the fillet meat wrapped in bacon and the chicken wrapped in bacon, so good! We ordered creme brulee for dessert they brought it on a plate and they had written Happy Anniversary with strawberry sauce on the plate, it was so neat. Needless to say I was stuffed when we were done. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone! Thanks Court for the suggestion. Thanks Hil for watching Jacob, he had a great time playing the Wii. After dinner we went to a movie. When we were driving to the theater we drove past Walmart. We saw some people that had bought Rock Band (it's like Guitar Hero but it's a whole band) they had wheeled it clear across the parking lot and had to finally take it out of the cart because once you get to a certain spot the shopping cart locks up. They were trying to carry it to the bus stop. OK maybe it's just me but how can you afford Rock Band and tons of other stuff they were carrying (plus they would have had to buy a Wii at some point) but you can't afford a car....priorities. Kev and I just laughed and said I hope they make it off the bus with that. Anyway, sorry about the side note. We saw Hancock at the movies. OK if you can get past the A word being used every 5 seconds during the first 20 min. then it is a good movie. I was actually ready to leave because it got so bad I guess I am not used to hearing those words so when I do it is pretty offensive. I understand why they used it they wanted to make Hancock a really mean angry person but I think they could have gotten the point across without that word. Other then that I really enjoyed the movie. We don't go to the movies hardly ever unless it is a kid movie so it was nice to go just the two of us. Last thing...I just got back from working out and I burned 1200 calories! I did 30 min. of cycle, 1 hour of lifting, and 30 of Latin Spice. OK I really don't mean to constantly write about working out but I'm just saying 1200 calories that is awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happ Anniversary! Sounds like you had a great time.
Happy Anniversary! I still remember back at Ricks when Kevin was taking his own sweet time asking you out and now here you are 9 years later with a beautiful family. Congratulations! You guys are a great couple.
Post a Comment