Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Zumba a fun way to workout!

My sister in law Leslie told me about a new kind of workout. It may not be that new but it's new to me. Well I just got home from my first Zumba class at 24 Hour and I loved it! I burned 796 calories and took 6,548 steps during the 1 hour class (thanks to my bodybugg I know that info). I'll definitely be doing more of that. I love a workout where you get to dance and shake your booty and nobody cares how you look. I'm definitely a white girl through and through but I think I did OK. I always get a better workout in classes then just working out on my own. So if you have the opportunity I think you should take a Zumba class.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I always love to watch people in those Zumba classes, but I am not brave enough to take one. I am impressed by the amount of calories burned, it never looks like they are working that hard-maybe I should try it!

Erin said...

The two instructors that did the class added a few Latin steps I think which is a great workout. Latin Spice is one of my favorite classes too. You make a lot of fast steps. It's nice to be burning so many calories but having fun at the same time.