Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th Of July Weekend

It was a nice and semi relaxing weekend. On Friday we went to the pool with the Koenig's and then went to their house for a yummy BBQ. We watched fireworks in Mansfield and managed to avoid the traffic. We went into a church parking lot and watched from there rather then going into the crowd and having to take forever to get out. Saturday Jacob and I went and saw Kung Foo Panda while Kev was at work. That night we all went and saw Wall-E at Studio Movie Grill (we had free passes) we don't see movies in the theater very often let alone two in one day but it was a lot of fun and I loved both movies. After we got out of Wall-E there were a lot of people in Arlington Highlands, the new shopping center in Arlington with a lot of great shops, so we asked what was going on and they said a fireworks show. We were going to stay but we figured we had seen one the night before and we decided to go home. On the way home Kevin thought that if we went across the freeway and went on a side street we could probably see the fireworks. I am so glad we did. Once again we got to see a great show without all the people and traffic. We have our two spots already picked out for next year! It's nice to just spend time with friends and together as a family and not have so much going on. We had a great weekend and I'm glad it wasn't jammed packed like many weekends seem to be. I'm looking forward to the pool tomorrow. Buying a pool pass has definitely turned out to be a great decision, I love it! Oh ya I finally got my biggest loser money from the church group, I won $208!!! Yay me!

No comments: