Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Painting Is Complete!!!

So it took Kevin and I all day to paint Jacob's room. Never paint with red. We did the bottom third of the room red. First you prime, then paint, then paint again. And in between you have to let it all dry. I like just painting one color and finishing a room in a couple of hours. It looks great though, I'll post pictures when we get the furniture back in place. We still have to buy and put up the chair railing, that is for another day though. It's so fun doing stuff to our house, I love it! The AP at Jacob's school asked if I would like to take a full time sub job for OCS (on campus suspension). I decided it would be a good idea and I said yes after talking it over with Kev. So I start Monday and will do it until the end of the year. I'm excited for the income, it will definitely help us. All I have to do is sit in a room with the kids that are in trouble, usually just a couple, and make sure they do their work. On days when there are no kids in OCS I will help out around the school with whatever is needed, like tutoring. I'm excited, it will be a little boring, but I can read and work on stuff that I bring with me. I will be just down the hall from Jacob's class. He loves when I'm at his school. I'm looking forward to it, it should be great!

1 comment:

Stacie said...

I'm excited for your new job. That is awesome! I think it is a great opportunity for you. Can't wait to see the pics of Jacob's room.