During the summer Saturday's feel like any other day. To me they are not that special because we do the same thing on Saturday as we do Mon-Fri. Now that school is back in it is different. Saturday is a day off from all routines. I like a good routine but Saturdays are so great because you can do whatever, they are even better when Kevin has them off, that makes for a great family day. Today is kind of a boring Saturday, a little online shopping, trip to Wal-Mart and maybe Sam's Club. Oh, laundry how can I forget my awesome piles of clothes. I made blueberry muffins for Jacob and I this morning, Betty Crocker style.
What did I buy this morning while I was shopping online...I ordered Riley a new crib from Target. I was planning on using the same crib Jacob used, it is my brother's old crib. Well my brother is 21 now so that tells you how old it is. Recently they stopped selling any cribs with drop sides and that is what ours is. Ours is still in decent shape but from being moved over the years and in storage it is not as sturdy as I would like. I think I would feel better with a new one. I got a convertible one so it will grow with her, I like that, being able to use it for more then just 2 years.
Jacob had a great first day of school. He loves his teachers and he has some friends in his class. He is such a happy boy, I love it. I cried when he went to school on Thursday, I don't usually do that but for some reason I got emotional. It is definitely more quite when he is at school. This is the first year in a long time that I haven't gone with him to school because I worked at his school. I miss it, but I would rather be staying home with my sweet baby girl any day!!! I asked him if he wanted us to walk him to class or just drop him off, of course he said just to drop him off. He acts so grown up! Riley and I walk to pick him up in the afternoons, she loves rides outside in her stroller.
I am so excited for August to pass and September to come because that means fall is coming, my favorite season. I think it might be time to order some winter clothes for us. Coming from Texas I don't have real winter clothes. I can't wait for the fall/winter here. I am sure by Feb. I will be begging for spring!
1 comment:
Pictures please! I want to see those beautiful kids. I know Riley has probably changed so much since the last pictures you posted. Glad you guys are doing well and loving it there. Drew starts school in a week and Avery starts in 2 weeks. Luckily I have Finley at home with me so it won't be an empty house.
Post a Comment