A few times in the last couple of weeks I have had "full circle" moments. Last week when our family was visiting we went to the lake for a ward activity. The ward had rented a boat for the day for people to take rides around the lake. As I was sitting there enjoying the beauty of the lake I couldn't help but remember when I was a kid and we would spend time at the river on a boat. I thought to myself it seemed like such a short time ago I was a little girl doing the same thing I am now doing with my own family. Tonight we went school clothes shopping for Jacob. I looked at Kevin and I said that I remembered how fun going clothes shopping before school was and now I am at the mall with my own family doing the same thing for my son. It just seems like life is just passing by too quickly some times. I remember 5th grade so well. I remember my teacher, Ms. Pearce, I did not like her too much. We moved to Fairfax, Va. from San Antonio, Tx. at the beginning of my 5th grade year. I remember my friends, the boys I liked, the drama that comes with being a girl in 5th grade, I even remember what was cool then. In less then a week my cute little boy will start 5th grade. His last year of elementary school. He is growing up too fast for me. I only wish the best for him. I hope he has a good year and he remembers 5th grade as a great time in his life.
No comments:
Post a Comment