This post was started several days ago maybe even a couple of weeks ago, I got busy and just now came back to it.
I LOVE the weather here! Can I just say it was only 78 degrees today when I walked to pick up Jacob from school. I really enjoy walking to pick him up it is so beautiful out and Riley loves to be outside, she just chills in her stroller.
Because it has been 3 weeks since my last post (now like 6 weeks or so) I am sure there is a lot to post about. My problem is I think to myself often: I should blog about that. Well I don't so that thought is lost somewhere in my forgetful brain. Maybe I should start jotting down when I have a thought like that again.
Well here is what is up with mi familia:
Riley- What can I say...we are all totally in love with her. I pretty much have a perfect baby! She only cries when she is hungry or tired, pretty easy! She is rolling over now both ways. The first time she did it I was on the phone with my mom and I got so excited that I screamed and scared her. Pretty much as soon as I put her down she rolls to her belly and begins scooting around the room, so cute! She loves to babble and smile. Her smiles just melt my heart. We fed her rice cereal for the first time a few weeks ago, not her favorite thing. We tried baby oatmeal and once again not her favorite. She is getting better with it, her face is priceless when she eats. It's a mix of what the heck are you doing to me and gross! Since starting this post she has now had bananas, peas, and today I made sweet potatoes. That's right...I am making her food. I bought the Baby Bullet and I love it. So easy and fast! She is loving the food I am making much better then the rice and oatmeal. When I am feeding her bananas if I don't go fast enough she gets frustrated. I still look at her all the time and I can't believe that we actually have her! We are truly blessed beyond belief. When you want something for so many years and you finally are blessed with that want it is the BEST feeling in the world. It is so funny Kevin and I still think it is weird when we say the "kids." We have 2 kiddos here on earth now and that is crazy! We wouldn't have it any other way! Riley LOVES her brother! Her face lights up every time she sees him and she is so fascinated by him. He is such a good big brother, he loves and cares about her so much. During Stake conference on Sunday she kept looking at him and giggling out loud. It was so funny, but it was kind of loud for church. We finally had to move her so she couldn't see him.
Jacob- My big boy is growing and maturing so much. He is loving his new school which makes me so happy. I just enrolled him in a self defense/conditioning class. He loves it and I love that he is working hard and getting a good work out. The first week or so of school was a little hard getting back in the routine of homework and having a schedule. He wasn't trying as hard as he could be but after a few talks and a little time all is well, or as well as it can be with a 10 year old. He enjoys being a big brother and helps so much with Riley. I am so blessed to be his mom!
Kevin- Kevin really likes his job and he is doing really well. I am so proud of him and all his hard work. He is so good at what he does and he enjoys it. He is currently the YM 1st counselor. The YM president and other counselor moved so right now it is just him. Hopefully they will be making some new callings soon. Kevin just turned 37, wow he is getting OLD!
I am doing well and loving life staying home with my sweet baby girl. I was just called as 1st counselor in the RS presidency which I am super excited about. On October 7th the kids and I are flying to TX for a visit. I can't wait! Jacob has a week off of school for fall break so I thought it would be a perfect time to go. Fall is my favorite time of year and here in TN the weather is perfect and the leaves are changing colors and falling, it is going to be so beautiful around here this fall.
I finished it! I better post it before I get distracted again!
No comments:
Post a Comment