Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Two days before Christmas...I am so excited. I am most excited to watch Jacob open his gifts and Kevin too. Jacob is excited to look for Grandpa. Some of you reading may not know about Grandpa Quinn's Christmas Eve tradition. It started years ago when he didn't want to get out of bed to open gifts and has progressed into him hiding in crazy places. The only rules are we have until 9 am to find him or he wins and he has to hide on his property. We only look for a few hours and then go home to bed and my sisters continue the search. Jacob loves it and can't wait again for this year. My sisters (18,19, and 20) still love looking as well. The kids win every year this year should be no different.

Yesterday we went to the Ft Worth Museum of Science and History. We had so much fun we spent almost 4 hours there. They have re-done everything, it is really neat.

I wish I could twinkle my nose and all of my laundry would be folded and put away. I don't mind washing it, I just severly dislike putting it all away.

I am so thankful for this time of year, I can't believe it has come so fast. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about Breanna especially this time of year. Jan. 10th it will be 3 years since we lost her. When we go places as a family I think about what it would be like if she was there with us. I thought about her at the museum yesterday and how fun it would be if Jacob had his sister with him.

Is it too much to ask for a white Christmas. OK I know I live in Texas but miracles can happen.

Can I just say that I am so excited that I don't have to do anymore shopping. Kevin has to finish up today. I already found out about one of my gifts. So I get on my email last night and there is a message from AT&T. It said that it was verifying my recent changes to my account. I asked Kev why they would send an email about that he just started laughing. Kevin has never been able to hide much from me. He always leaves receipts laying around and it is a big joke at our house. So he got me a new phone, needless to say I got it early and I LOVE IT!

I guess that is enough randomness for now.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

2 comments:

Nancee said...

This year will be totally different. You will not find Papa!! You will not be able to trick me into telling you, but I can be bribed for some hard cold cash!! Good Luck, because you'll need it and tomorrow night after dinner, LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!

Anonymous said...

I do not think it is weird that you read Courtney's blog, do you think it is weird that I read yours? LOL Have a happy New Year!