How can it be 2009 already? December was definitely a busy month but it was filled with so much fun! Jacob had a Christmas program at school and we loved watching him sing with all the 2nd graders. We made smores in the fire place and we also made a gingerbread house.

This is Jacob during his performance all of the pictures turned out really dark he's in the front row in the middle.
We had Christmas Eve with my family at our house.


My nieces Abbie with Melissa (BJ's wife) and Sydney opening gifts.


Jacob with the remote control cars he got from Grandma and Grandpa Quinn. Jacob with Grandma, she is opening the ring Jacob got her at the school Christmas store.
Christmas Morning


Santa brought Jacob a race track where the cars are Mario and Wario, he was so excited. Jacob with dad, Kevin is holding the eagle bank Jacob bought him at the school store. I've decided that the school Christmas store is a complete rip off. Basically kids pick out things that they could have gotten at the dollar store and pay way too much for them. Of course I give Jacob money every year to shop there because he loves picking out the gifts all on his own. I got a giant "diamond" that says mom on it, Jacob was so excited to give us the gifts that he picked out for us he was sure that we would love them and we did.


Me with my new slippers in all my no make up glory. Our living room after opening all the gifts. Jacob was shocked to say the least when he opened his Wii. We had pretty much convinced him that there would be no Wii. Grandma and Grandpa Frainee bought us Rock Band and Grandma Peterson and Jarrett bought Mario Kart. Needless to say there has been many hours spent in the last week playing the Wii. We have so much fun as a family playing it. Kevin and I were so excited for him to open it, when he did we both got a little teary eyed. It is so much fun watching his reaction. One of the best parts of Chrismtas was watching him open all of his gifts.
(There is supposed to be a video of Jacob here opening his Wii but it will not load! Maybe later.)

Many of you know that every year Grandpa Quinn hides somewhere in the house and the kids can't open the gifts until they find him. If he isn't found by 9 am he wins. I think he has only won one time. This year Olya and Toli found him at 8:15 am. He was in the roof! Crazy man! This picture is of Brandon, Grandpa, Toli, and BJ after they pulled Grandpa out of the space he was in. Once again the kids won!!!
New Years


Jacob and Daisy. Serene, Jacob, and Brandon playing Rock Band on New Year's Eve.
I guess that is it for now, another long post from me. I am going to try to update more often so that when I do my posts won't be so long. We'll see if that happens or not.
Happy New Year!!!





3 comments:
We need to come try out that Rock Band sometime. :)
Happy New Year, E!
Happy New Year! I'm glad you updated your blog. I missed you. Sounds like you had a fun Christmas. The tradition of finding Grandpa Quinn sounds like a fun one. Maybe we should try a find mommy game. Then I can get some peace and quiet and some alone time!
I totally want to see the movie of Jacob opening his Wii. I love Mario Kart. The kids are obsessed over it!
Post a Comment