Thursday, January 8, 2009

This Saturday will be 2 years since our sweet little girl Breanna died. I can't believe it has already been that long. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about her. I think about what age she would be and what she would look like. My heart still aches for her and I wish every day that I had our baby girl here with us. I still do not understand completely why she was not able to live here on this earth but one day I will. One of the hardest parts of everything that has happened is wanting so desperately for Jacob to have a sibling to play with and to watch them interact. While Serene and Brandon were here visiting Jacob loved playing with their 15 month old Sydney. He was so good with her and loved to make her laugh. I pray that someday we will be able to have more children. It is still hard for me when almost everyone around me is able to get pregnant and have children whenever they feel like it. I have to tell myself that Heavenly Father has a plan for our family and although I don't know what that plan is I must do my part to stay faithful and follow His way. I am thankful that this year in primary the theme is "My Eternal Family," how thankful I am that we are an eternal family. Although Breanna is not here with us now we will all be together again someday and that brings me peace and joy.

6 comments:

Torrie said...

You have such a good, positive attitude and the Lord will bless you for your faithfulness. Who knows why certain things happen but thank goodness for the peace of the gospel to be able to make it through such tragedies. You are an inspiration to me and I look up to you because you are such a strong and wonderful person. Love ya!

Hendrickson said...

Erin you are my spiritual giant!! thank you ~ thank you ~ thank you
I love you TONZ!

Hil said...

I was just thinking about her the other day. Erin, you are a true example of how to face trials and adversity head on and I love you for it.

Steph said...

I am there with you. You are so strong. I am glad someone else wishes those same things. It definitely sucks. I am grateful for the family thing too.

Anonymous said...

I love you Erin! You are such a great example of enduring with faith and hope.

Courtney said...

You are so amazing! I am in awe of how you keep surviving everyday with such a good attitude. I have thought that many many times. Love ya!