Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Little Catch Up...OK Maybe A Lot! (Warning this is loooong) Part 1

We had an amazing time on our vacation!
We left on Tuesday morning for Las Vegas. Kevin's dad picked us up at the airport and we headed off to breakfast. We spent the day with his dad at his house and we went to the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. We had taken Jacob several times when we lived there, (Kevin worked at Mandalay Bay so he always got a discount) he loves it there it was a lot of fun. Vegas was HOT, but it was so different because it was so dry compared to Texas. That night we decided to go to a buffet. Green Valley Buffet has always been one of our favorites so off we went. Now remember I have been eating healthy and really trying to lose weight. I decided hey if I'm going to a buffet that costs $20 I'm going to get my moneys worth. That was my first mistake. So off I went to EAT! Can I just say they had amazing egg rolls I probably had at least 4 (hey they were small) anyway I continued to eat about 3 plates full of food and began not feeling so well. (Court, Brit, and Hilary remember the Red Robin incident it was happening inside me all over again!) I quickly began to feel like I needed to use the bathroom. Of course the bathroom is all the way across the casino floor. So I get in there with the rumbling aching stomach and then nothing. I go back to our table and Kevin is eating ice cream they have scooped ice cream at this buffet so I'm like OK I feel a little better I'll have 2 scoops. Well that put me over the edge and I thought I was going to be sick. Back to the bathroom I went and still nothing. We then went back to dad's house and I took another trip to the bathroom and this time (skip ahead if you don't want to be grossed out) I felt really sick! So I began to throw up in the trash can while I'm sitting on the toilet with diarrhea. Needless to say I threw up $20 worth of food. I will not be eating at a buffet again any time soon.
That night we went to the Hendrickson's house which is where we were staying. Kevin dropped Jacob and I off and went back to his dad's and they went bowling. I had so much fun talking with Tara and catching up. They just had a baby a few weeks ago, she is so cute. Jacob had fun playing with Megan and Haley. The next morning we went back to dad's house and headed off to get our car rental for our short drive to California. Before we left though I had to stop at Roberto's Taco Shop and get the best bean burrito ever! I was a little worried because of the night before but I was feeling much better. The burrito was amazing just like I remembered it being!
Wednesday was Cheryl's birthday and so we went to Red Robin, I got a wrap and only ate half of my fries I didn't want another bathroom incident. Thursday was my brothers graduation. WAY TO GO D! We had fun decorating the windows of his car. He had a graduating class of 856 with 810 actually graduating. I was impressed at how fast they were able to get 810 peoples name called and across the stage. It only lasted about a two and a half hours. Jacob pooped out about half way through and ended up on the floor on a blanket. On Thursday my Grandma Frainee came over and we made sauce for the Father's Day/Graduation party on Sunday.
Friday we headed to Hunington Beach!!! The weather was perfect and we had so much fun. Jacob was making me slightly nervous he was much braver this year going in a little further then I was expecting. He loves the beach and playing in the waves. We rented a boogie board and Kevin wanted to take me out to catch some waves. It was hard to catch just the right wave to bring you all the way in. Well can I just say my bathing suit is not fit for boogie boarding or getting tossed around in waves. A few times a wave would take me under and toss me around and I would go to stand up and my bottoms would be below my bottom...not fun! Then I finally caught a wave all the way in and the force took my bottoms down again so when I got to the point where I needed to stand up I couldn't because I knew I still needed to pull up my bottoms so I was once again being tossed around. It was still a ton of fun and I feel sorry for all who saw my white bum.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Sorry to hear that you got sick at the buffet!

What are the best burritos at Roberto's Taco Shop? And where is Roberto's Taco Shop? :) The name sounds familiar but I can't place where it is at.

Erin said...

There are a few Roberto's in Las Vegas. I went to the one in the Smith's shopping center on the corner of Sunset and Stephanie (where Stephanie turns into Mtn. Vista). I love there bean and cheese burrito, it's the best!

Hil said...

Too funny, E! Glad you had a great time. :)