Jacob has his first loose tooth, well actually 2 now. I was beginning to wonder if he was ever going to loose a tooth. I told him to keep playing with them so they will fall out. The two that are loose are his bottom middle ones. If they both fall out at the same time it will be funny to listen to him talk. I just pray that he has Kev's teeth and not mine. I had braces and all kinds of problems with my teeth.
I am staying busy this week at work. I am in charge of teacher appreciation at the school so I have been putting an order together of gifts for the teachers and staff. I have also been calling all around town asking for donations from restaurants and stores. I am putting on a Easter egg hunt for them in March and then teacher appreciation week is in May. Hopefully both events will be a success.
I am also, with my counselors, putting together a primary activity. We want to involve the parents too, it will be a big undertaking but I think it will be a great activity. It is gong to be themed after The Friend magazine. Can I just say how much I LOVE my calling. I may have said this before on my blog. I love the children and I love the people I get to serve with. We just had our Great To Be 8 celebration on Sunday and it was awesome. I did a lot of crying on Sunday. Some days are just like that. It all started when I walked into the nursery and Brother and Sister Fisher had all of the kids sitting reverently in the chairs listening to a lesson, I started to cry, they were all just so cute! Then I had to speak in sacrament. I started crying during the sacrament hymn and I pretty much did not stop until after my talk was done. That is pretty typical of me though.
Here in TX they have companies that are going around trying to get you to sign a oil and gas lease on your land. They offer a signing bonus of about $1000 up front. Luckily when they came around I had talked to some people before about it and I knew not to sign. I went to a community meeting last night with neighborhoods close to mine. We are all coming together to get a fair offer, much more then $1000. Well my purpose in telling you this is they asked for a representative from each street. Guess who is their street rep? Basically nobody else from my street would do it so it's me and Kev going door to door to inform everyone. The more we get the better deal we will have. There are about 4 or 5 other neighborhoods with ours. We went door to door this afternoon and met a few people. Can I just say there are a few homes on my street that stink when you go to the front door. I would hate to know what they smell like on the inside. We did enjoy meeting some of our neighbors though, and the weather was beautiful.
Is this considered my journal, sure why not?
I love what Hilary said her blog was to her somewhere between a journal and a scrapbook. I guess there is a website out there that will print and bind your blog together for you, what a great idea! I am not a good journal writer and I know I need to be, so I feel like this is a good starting point. Maybe I will have it printed and bound once a year and have a journal.
Blah, blah, blah, I think I have gone on long enough for the day. I hope everyone who reads this is doing well! I love you all!!!
I am staying busy this week at work. I am in charge of teacher appreciation at the school so I have been putting an order together of gifts for the teachers and staff. I have also been calling all around town asking for donations from restaurants and stores. I am putting on a Easter egg hunt for them in March and then teacher appreciation week is in May. Hopefully both events will be a success.
I am also, with my counselors, putting together a primary activity. We want to involve the parents too, it will be a big undertaking but I think it will be a great activity. It is gong to be themed after The Friend magazine. Can I just say how much I LOVE my calling. I may have said this before on my blog. I love the children and I love the people I get to serve with. We just had our Great To Be 8 celebration on Sunday and it was awesome. I did a lot of crying on Sunday. Some days are just like that. It all started when I walked into the nursery and Brother and Sister Fisher had all of the kids sitting reverently in the chairs listening to a lesson, I started to cry, they were all just so cute! Then I had to speak in sacrament. I started crying during the sacrament hymn and I pretty much did not stop until after my talk was done. That is pretty typical of me though.
Here in TX they have companies that are going around trying to get you to sign a oil and gas lease on your land. They offer a signing bonus of about $1000 up front. Luckily when they came around I had talked to some people before about it and I knew not to sign. I went to a community meeting last night with neighborhoods close to mine. We are all coming together to get a fair offer, much more then $1000. Well my purpose in telling you this is they asked for a representative from each street. Guess who is their street rep? Basically nobody else from my street would do it so it's me and Kev going door to door to inform everyone. The more we get the better deal we will have. There are about 4 or 5 other neighborhoods with ours. We went door to door this afternoon and met a few people. Can I just say there are a few homes on my street that stink when you go to the front door. I would hate to know what they smell like on the inside. We did enjoy meeting some of our neighbors though, and the weather was beautiful.
Is this considered my journal, sure why not?
I love what Hilary said her blog was to her somewhere between a journal and a scrapbook. I guess there is a website out there that will print and bind your blog together for you, what a great idea! I am not a good journal writer and I know I need to be, so I feel like this is a good starting point. Maybe I will have it printed and bound once a year and have a journal.
Blah, blah, blah, I think I have gone on long enough for the day. I hope everyone who reads this is doing well! I love you all!!!
2 comments:
What a good Primary Pres you are. Guess all that practice you got in the Galleria Ward with a crazy lady President helped. haha You were the BEST 1st counselor ever!
Holy crap, you inspire me! Just when I think that I am busy. You are great at everything that you do. By the way, I am pushing for everyone in the family to start a blog- help me convince everyone!
Post a Comment