Thursday, February 14, 2008

Kids Say The Darndest Things

This morning on the way to school Jacob was explaining to me that the people he had drawn on his hand the day before were dying. This was because the pen mark was almost gone. He asked me for a pen, I didn't have one. I told him all I have is a mechanical pencil and it won't work, it won't show up on your hand. He begged and pleaded with me, like usual. I told him that the conversation was over and he said "I want a lawyer." A what??? I laughed so hard! He is always using big words in the wrong context but this time he kind of got it right. I told him that he can't have a lawyer and then he asked what do they do anyway. I told him that they defend people. Later that day I was telling his teacher about it and wondering where he came up with this. I guess yesterday in class they were talking about Abraham Lincoln and somewhere along the lines they talked about lawyers. I just thought that I would share our funny moment today. Jacob is always making us laugh!

No comments: