Well our sweet Riley has officially received her nick name: Later! Her Grandpa Quinn named her. He gives everyone a nick name. He puts a lot of thought and effort into picking names for everyone. Sometimes it takes a few days and sometimes it takes years. Well he came up with her name on Friday. She is appropriately named, Later, aka Little Later. I had an amnio on Wednesday last week, expecting her lungs to be developed so that she could come on Friday. Thursday morning my doctor called me and told me that not only were her lungs not ready they were too immature to take her this week too. He said we would have to wait two weeks!!! Of course I fell apart and had myself a good hard cry. Not only was our sweet Riley going to come but Kevin was flying in that night. I miss my husband!!! So I called the airlines and rescheduled everything. I am officially having a c-section a week from tomorrow and Kevin will be here a week from today! So, she wanted to stay in for longer, her message to us: I will be there later! Of course I am scared to death. I worry all the time about her. I am trying my best to enjoy this last week of pregnancy but all I can think about is her arriving safe. 8 more days, I can do it! I think everyone will breath a sigh of relief when she gets here and we hear her cute cry.
In other news because of the change of plans Kevin was able to move all of our stuff out of storage into our new house (rental house, we are renting our house here so we have to rent there). Yay! He is starting to put stuff together. I can't wait to see it. I have seen pictures and I really like it. The school I want Jacob to go to in Johnson City is within walking distance to our house. I am happy that he will be attending such a great school. He will only be there for about 2 weeks before the end of the year because they get out earlier than we do here.
After all is said and done Jacob and I will have been here in TX without Kevin for 12 weeks!!! Ahhh, did I mention how much I miss my husband!!!
Well I guess that is about it for now. I have another ultrasound today, I think this is at least ultrasound 12 or so. She is one photographed baby already. Can't wait to see her. If she is in her usual form we will only see the back of her head because she doesn't like to show her face. Maybe she will surprise us today, let's hope :)
3 comments:
Erin- I think about you all the time. I constantly offer a little prayer that everything will be perfect. I love you lots. I sure miss our monthly visits with VT. By the way, I love her nickname.
love the nick name! I want a nick name by Bro. Quinn! You know how I feel about him. There is a man in our ward here that reminds him of your dad. I have deemed that I have "respect crushes" on them. I think people think I am creepy when I say I have a "crush" on them. Come on people!!! So know I say "I respect you" with a heart shape in my hands! I can't wait for you little baby to get here! Keeping you in all our prayers! I love love love you to pieces! Tell Dr. G hello from me! Loves
Thinking about you often!! Can't wait to see pics of that little baby-I am overjoyed for you guys and so wish I could be there to share some happy (and sad!) tears. Love!!!
Post a Comment