Sunday, June 14, 2009

Camping

Last month we went camping to Dinosaur Valley State Park in Glen Rose, TX. We had so much fun!!! We went with our friends the Koenigs and the Boyers. Jacob loves camping and he loved it even more this time because he was not the only kid. The kids had so much fun playing and exploring. We only went for one night but we decided that next time we have to go for at least 2. All of the prep and setting up is a lot for only 1 night. I loved this park because even though it was Memorial Day weekend it was not too busy, they only have around 40 campsites. We roasted hot dogs and smores for dinner and breakfast was egg, cheese, bacon, and sausage omelets. The guys did a great job making breakfast. After we were all packed up we headed over to the river bed where you can walk around and look at dinosaur tracks and play in the water. My goal was to walk down the river with only getting my legs wet (it wasn't that deep) ya well not only did I fall in once but twice! It was so much fun and Jacob loved it! We will definitely be going there again.

Kevin and Scott setting up tents. Jacob loved playing with the fire.

Court, Hil, and I. I love these girls!!!

Scott and Courtney. Hilary and Bryan.

Kevin and I. The kids decided to make grilled watermelon. I was the lucky first customer of this great creation. I bit into a big crunch of dirt and so they decided to cook it on a skewer instead of a dirty stick. Luckily everyone else had dirt free watermelon.

Jordan and Camden...my friends sure do have cute kiddos.

Beckam, he was a little surprised by my picture taking.

The guys making breakfast...yummy!

Jacob loved hanging out in this tree.

All of us!!!

My sweet boy.

Dinosaur tracks. Walking in the river bed.

Playing in the river. Jacob, Cara, Brinley, and Ashlyn.

The kids and Daisy in front of a Dinosaur.

All of our T-Rex's.

4 comments:

Hil said...

That was tons of fun, Erin! :) I've gotta catch up on my blogging...

laughingitupwiththepetersons@blogspot.com said...

Looks like you had a great time. I love camping. Good times. The Dino was very cool.

Courtney said...

It was so much fun! We defiantly have to do it again!

Megan Gunyan said...

Erin? Hello??? You still out there? Where are you?!?