Sunday, February 8, 2009

Once again I am playing catch up with my blogging. The weather here in Texas is crazy. It can be 35 degrees one day and the next 70 (I'm not exaggerating!). Well two weeks ago we had an ice day. That's right people an ice day, no school and all. Hey I'm not complaining I loved having the day off but in most places in the country a little ice would not shut down an entire metroplex. Anyways, it was fun while it lasted that morning because by noon most of it had melted. Here are some pictures of us tubing down the street and down drive ways. We had a blast.

Kevin pulling Jacob down the street.

Jacob and me.

Kevin trying to use a wheel-less skateboard, I'm thankful that did not end in a trip to the ER.


Actual proof that it was cold enough for icicles on our house.

I was called a couple of weeks ago by the stake and asked to go to girls camp, yay!!! I'm so excited. I am the leader over the YCL's (youth camp leaders) basically the 5th and 6th year girls. We are going to a new camp this year and the bathrooms are inside our cabins, wahooooo! No more walking across a dark field to a toilet. Many of you may know that I have a problem with going to the bathroom. The problem basically consists of not being able to go without a toilet to sit on. I literally cannot go outside so I am thankful that the cabins are equipped with a bathroom and air conditioning. I know it doesn't sound much like camp but we are making our own food this year where in the past we just went to the mess hall and it was ready. So spoiled I know!

I feel sometimes life is just too busy. I guess I should be thankful for all that I am involved in but at times it feels overwhelming. I really need to be better with time management and doing a little each day. I think sometimes how am I going to do it all but my Heavenly Father continues to bless me and my family and some how all turns out well. I've been subbing in a different class every day which I love because I get to teach but I'm kind of wanting to go back to OCS for a few days to get a break, next week I think I will be back in OCS that is if nobody asks me to sub for them. I feel blessed to work at such a wonderful school with such amazing people. I love that Jacob and I go to school together and come home together. I go almost everyday and visit him while he is eating lunch and I often see him in the hallways, right now he thinks it's great to have me there that won't last forever. A few weeks ago he told me that he was embarrassed when I gave him a hug and a kiss in front of his class in the morning so now we do that outside before we go in the building. He still wants loves from his mom just not in front of everyone, my baby is growing up.

2 comments:

Torrie said...

Texas weather is crazy. One day we're in shorts, the next, we're scraping ice off our cars.
I'm glad Jacob will still show semi-public affection. It's bittersweet to watch your kids grow up and become too cool for things. Enjoy those big hugs while you can!

Courtney said...

I know that ice day was way fun! A good break! You are a busy girl! Hang in there!