Monday, November 17, 2008

A Little Catch Up

We've been so busy around here lately. Just when I think one thing is over and life will slow down a little more comes our way. Last Saturday Kevin had the day off (he is starting to take every other Saturday off, yeah!!!) and we went with Mom and Jarrett (Kevin's mom and her husband) to the Ft. Worth Botanic Gardens. Jacob and I had gone last month and I wanted Kevin to see it. This time we walked a lot further and saw so much more. It was a beautiful day and the gardens were beautiful too. For those of you who live around here it is a great free activity to do as a family. I think next time we go we will take a picnic lunch. Here are a few pictures from our day.

We found this really neat tree and Kevin and Jacob had fun climbing in it.


Yesterday was my birthday and I can't believe I am officially 30! I still think it is crazy how fast time goes by. Kevin took me shopping on Saturday and we had a nice relaxing day at home which included breakfast in bed and a long nap after church. Kevin has something planned later in the week that is a "surprise." It is not a surprise in the fact that I know something is happening but it is a surprise because I don't know when or where or what exactly we are doing. Today was pretty uneventful at school but the highlight of my day was when Courtney delivered a cute card and a big ol' Dr. Pepper from Sonic...thanks again Court, you are the BEST! I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving and having a few days off from subbing. The week after that is Nativity and I am excited about it again this year. I'm not changing too much this year with the bulletins so it shouldn't be too much work, at least that is what I keep telling myself. Another thing that I am excited about it that I'm going to start digital scrap booking! I can't wait to buy the program that I need and get caught up on scrap booking. I figure over Christmas break I can get a lot done. Well I guess that is about it for now...I'm off to cook dinner for my "starving" child.

5 comments:

Gwen said...

Happy belated birthday!

Little Mama said...

Yay for being 30! It doesn't feel so bad does it?!

Hil said...

Happy late Birthday, Erin!!!
Sorry I'm so lame... (sigh)
Are we on for the movie???? I'll buy your ticket. :)

Courtney said...

Happy birthday!

Wendy said...

I'm sad I had to work and miss your "suprise" Happy Birthday!