Sunday, November 23, 2008

Have you ever had a headache so bad that you feel like you are going to throw up? Well up until Sunday I had not but unfortunately I experienced that. I think it was just left over sinus stuff from being sick for a few days. Tylenol did not even touch the pain and I was feeling like I needed to go and dig for some heavier stuff in the medicine cabinet. I'm happy to report that when I woke up yesterday I felt much better. Sunday night Jacob said his throat was sore and I took a look and it was a little red by Monday morning his tonsils were swollen. So I called the doctor as soon as they opened and got him right in. Yep he has strep. I opted for the shot which to me is so much better then medicine every day for 10 days. Well Jacob remembered how bad it hurt from the last time he had strep and threw a huge fit because he did not want to get a shot. I told him he had two choices I could put him on the table or he could get up there himself. I counted to three and he was trying to talk me out of it. So I picked up my big 7 year old who I can barely carry and put him on the table with the help of two other nurses. The doctor came in and held his head down I held his arms another nurse held his legs and the other nurse gave him the shot. That is right it took four of us. I apologized to the doctor and she said it was ok that they have to do that to 15 year olds. I think this was complete payback for me, I used to be the same way I remember my mom having to hold me down when I was little and I had to get a shot. Needless to say his bum it still a little sore but he is feeling much better. He was supposed to be in school yesterday and today (even though the other 7 school districts around us have the whole week off) but we are home for two days sick and tomorrow is officially the start of his vacation. Tomorrow we will go out to McKinney to visit family. Kevin's brother and his family came down from Tennessee. Jacob is so excited to see his cousins he keeps asking when we are going to see them. We will spend Thursday out there as well. We are looking forward to spending time with everyone.

Well Saturday was a fun day. Kevin threw me a surprise party (remember I kind of knew about it) and it was a lot of fun. Eight of us girls went to see Twilight, which by the way I loved, and Hilary had offered earlier in the week to take me and pay for my birthday...thanks Hil! So after the movies she told me that she needed to stop at the grocery store and then she would drop me off the whole time knowing that she needed to stall because she had to give time for the people who were at the movies with me to get home and then over to my house. Hil had me convinced that she knew nothing about the party and so I figured it was just friends and family. I was surprised when I drove up and saw so many cars. Kevin spent the whole day Friday making my Grandma's sauce for me, yummy!!! My Grandma's sauce (like spaghetti sauce but much much better) is a tradition in our family that is super yummy but takes an entire day to make. He is such a good husband! He defintely had a lesson in how to throw a surprise birthday party and I think he realized it was a little more difficult then he thought it would be. Thank you Courtney for helping him out. Here are a few pictures:

30 Candles...there was a lot of smoke!

I apologize to Joanna and Brittany, I really need to use the red eye fixer thing on my camera.


Mom and mom, Kevin working hard in the kitchen, and Jacob at the end of the night fast asleep.

Thanks Kevin for such a great birthday and
thank you to all of my friends I love you all!!!

3 comments:

Torrie said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had such a good evening.
Someday Jacob will be glad you manhandled him for the shot. It's better to get it overwith with one shot than continue to suffer for days.

Courtney said...

Your birthday party was so fun!

Lisa M said...

Happy Birthday Erin! Glad it was a great day!