We have thought about getting another dog for a while. We go back and forth on whether we want to potty train another puppy and what kind of dog should we get. Well my mom has a Cocker Spaniel (which is what Daisy is) named Lizzy. Lizzy has a pooping problem. For some reason every morning she feels it is necessary to poop in the house, only in the morning though. She has never really attached herself to anyone at my mom's house except my sister Olya. Anyway, my mom became increasingly frustrated with her and asked if we wanted her. I never actually thought it would happen. So she calls us on Saturday and asks if we want Lizzy. After talking about it Kevin and I decided no. That would mean double everything: food, grooming, heart worm medicine, shots, etc. On Saturday we stopped at my mom's house to get a few ingredients I was missing to be able to make cookies, I figure it is easier and more convienent to just go to my mom's then to the store (I'm sure she appreciates that). So as I am raiding the kitchen Jacob and Kevin our playing with Lizzy. Well wouldn't you know when we get home Kevin says maybe we should take Lizzy. Daisy does not let Jacob pick her up she will growl at him but Lizzy could care less Jacob can pick her up and carry her around and she if just fine. So we decided to take her for a 2 week trial because I will not have a dog that poops on the floor! Needless to say Jacob was so excited. I made sure that he understood that she might not stay and he said, "don't worry mom I will potty train her." Day 1 no poop, day 2 poop, day 3 poop, at this point I call my mom and tell her this might not work out. Day 4 and 5 no poop! Maybe this will work out, I sure hope so because I think Daisy likes having a friend around and Jacob is loving having both dogs and Kevin and I are too. But there is one other not so great thing about Daisy and Lizzy being together in the same house. Jacob will say to me, "mom Lizzy is giving Daisy piggy back rides." So maybe my dogs are well you know really happy...I get after Daisy every time she does it, she won't do it anymore when I am around I just hope poor Lizzy is safe at home while I'm gone. They seem to be doing well and hopefully Lizzy will continue to go poo outside and not on my carpet.
Can I just say that I am loving the weather, the high today was only supposed to me 68!!! I love the fall!
6 comments:
Ok,
I miss my Lizzie tons!!! I'm hoping she keeps pooping, cause I can't take her back because Jacob is getting attached to her. Or maybe Jacob will get mad at her and I can get her back. Anyway everyone pray for poop!!!
Unfortunately, you will not get much sympathy from me regarding the dogs. I do not like dogs at all. Never have and never will! Ask your mom what happened EVERY time I came to her house!! I have to agree with you about the weather. It has been incredibly nice. For the past couple of weeks, I have opened all the windows 1st thing in the morning and the breeze has been beautiful. I'm glad you are enjoying the weather too :o)
Ok- you all and your "weather'! It was 95 here today. Fall? Where's fall?? On a side note- LOL good luck with the dog, my mother in law gave me a cat that thinks the litter box is in the closet by Jon's shoes. At least it's Jon's shoes and not mine! LOL =D
Good luck with Lizzie! The weather has been so nice I love Fall and Spring.
Piggy back rides, that's funny. Its probably a dominance thing and Daisy just wants Lizzy to know who is boss (harmless unless Lizzy steps out of line). I personally hate dogs (although I promised Serene a chocolate labsomeday) but I'm happy for you guys and surprised Nancee let the little mop go.
The piggy back rides comment made me laugh out loud! I'm not sure I would be able to handle the poop, I hope there is no more poop in your house too!
Post a Comment