OK I'm totally going crazy! My right ankle is itching so bad...why you ask. Oh maybe because I have 6 mosquito bites on one ankle, I got them at baseball practice Wednesday night. I guess that is better then 11 (that's right 11!!!) mosquito bites on the top of my feet and toes last week. I walked into my neighbors yard without shoes on to chat for a few minutes and every time I looked down there were mosquitoes on my feet. I have always been one to get a lot of mosquito bites. Once when I was in 10th grade my mom and I were cleaning out the garage and I was in my swimsuit by the end of the night I had over 70 bites. I promise to you that is a true story my mom counted them as she put medicine on them. What is up with mosquitoes liking me so much...I must be really sweet!
Kevin is playing softball with a city league, almost all of the guys on the team are from church. It is so much fun to watch him play.
I'm so glad it is Friday and a three day weekend! I might be able to catch up on some house work because I have an extra day, we'll see.
OK I have to write about a few conversations I had with Jacob this past week. On the way home from Kevin's work (half asleep) Jacob says:
"Mom why does a man and a woman have to be married to have a child."
Me: "Don't you think that every child deserves a mommy and a daddy?" "Plus Heavenly Father wants it to be that way."
I was able to respond to that pretty quickly I felt good about my answer and then Kevin adds, "it takes a man and a woman to have a baby." What...he was happy with my answer no need to add to it and have him ask anymore questions. Luckily for us he was back to sleep before Kevin gave his answer. Later that week Jacob was on the playground at school and I was subbing for another 2nd grade teacher and I had recess duty. He came by me and said something about making out I'm not really sure but I know it had to do with another boy and girl. Later that night I asked, "Jacob what does it mean to make out?"
Jacob: "To go on a date."
Me:"What does it mean to go on a date."
Jacob:"To kiss and hug."
Too funny I guess in a round about way he knows what it means. Oh my I hope this is not the start of many interesting conversations but I'm sure it is.
1 comment:
All those bites is no fun at all. I hear there has something to do with what you eat, like bananas or something. Who knows!
Post a Comment