Monday, October 20, 2008

Nice But Busy Weekend

Friday night we picked out Jacob's costume finally. He decided to be Yoda. Can I just say that there are some really dumb costumes out there. Party City was our first stop and after about 20 minutes of indecision we decided to go to another store. We found a Halloween costume store. We found one Yoda costume left and it was Jacob's size. I was happy with that even though it cost $35! Why does a plastic mask and some cheapo cloth sewn to look like what Yoda wears cost so much? I decided it would be a good idea to post all of Jacob's old costumes on Craigslist and make some money. They are all in great shape so hopefully we'll sell them. I posted a lot of other stuff on their recently hoping to get rid of some stuff and make money at the same time. Craigslist was a great idea by whoever started it.

Saturday morning Jacob had a baseball game at 9 am. I had a Stake meeting from 10-12. So I went to Jacob's game dressed and ready to go to church because I would be leaving early. The score was very close when I left and I later found out that they won, go Red Raiders! After I got home from my meeting (which was amazing) we drove out to Breanna's grave to put flowers in her vase. It was a beautiful day! I love the drive out there I am so thankful that we chose a cemetery that is out of town a little ways. It was a hard day to go and visit. Sometimes I can go and I leave and I'm OK. I guess on Saturday I just needed a really good cry. As time goes one, it will be 2 years in January, I often think about how old Breanna would be and I imagine what she would look like and what she would be doing. It truly is so hard sometimes.

After that we made a quick stop at the grocery store and then Kevin had to go to work. Jacob and I (and my family too) went to the Kimball Art Museum in Ft Worth.


They were having a family festival and free admission on Saturday. They have an exhibit right now called "The Impressionists" that is here from Chicago for a limited time. The paintings were absolutely beautiful. I loved Monet's the most. Jacob recognized a few of the paintings from art class and from a t-shirt his art teacher wears. We also went through the normal exhibit at the museum and Jacob loved the statues and busts on display. Outside they had different things for the kids to do. Jacob chose to draw, of course.

After running around outside and taking pictures we went to the Ft Worth Botanic Gardens. We walked around for a little while and took more pictures (imagine that me taking pictures) and looked around at the beautiful gardens.


I guess this is his Kung Fu Panda move.

Just a pretty flower from the gardens.
I would love to go back again with Kevin and hike through some of the nature trails. It ended up being a great day. Jacob is so fun to be around he always makes us smile with his witty comments. Even though he drives me nuts and I would like to tape his mouth shut sometimes he is such a blessing in our lives. I think my mom loves the fact that Jacob talks SO much. I am a talker, I know surprising right. My mom used to say, "you just talk to hear yourself talk." I tell Jacob that same thing now, too funny.

Sunday was a busy day at church. We practiced for the Primary Program that is next week. The kids did a great job I can't wait to see them on Sunday. I love when they sing! At the very end of the program they are singing "If The Savior Stood Beside Me" and every time they sing it I cry. I'm going to be a mess on Sunday! Sunday after a yummy dinner of roast beef (we did a great job of making it) we went to a baptism. I can't believe in just over 6 months my baby will be getting baptized! We ended the weekend with a nice walk, the dogs loved it.

I love weekends!

5 comments:

Hil said...

I'm pretty sure that's the move from Karate Kid, E. :)

Erin said...

Hil-Probably. I just went with Kung Fu Panda because he has never seen Karate Kid:) Is that a good cover for my mistake? Love ya Hil!

Lisa M said...

That is so great to go to the museum, how did you know it was a free weekend.

Hendrickson said...

love the pics.. i can't believe how big Jacob is getting... will you and kevin be dressing up this year?

Courtney said...

I love that one of him throught he tree. So artistic!