Saturday, March 15, 2008

My Crazy Busy Week!

Here is a run down if you care to read it might be a little lengthy! I started teaching 2nd grade on Monday. Thankfully my class is really well behaved and there is only 16 of them. The other 2nd grade teachers are amazing and have really helped me. Open house was on Thursday and I had so much to do to get ready for it. The room was a mess! I spent about 3 1/2 hours cleaning and organizing. I packed about 6 boxes of stuff for them to take out of the room. It is now organized and clean and open house is done so I feel like I can really concentrate on teaching the kids. I have been so tired this week. I was at school from 7:45 until 7:30 on Thursday, I was exhausted! It stinks that my pay does not go up because I'm still a long term sub like I was in OCS. The kids really needed some consistency though so I'm really doing it for them. I am enjoying it and I know that teaching is what I love. The other teachers at school ask me why I don't finish and become a full time teacher. I am planning on finishing my degree. I am just waiting for Ricks, ok BYU Idaho, to have their online general degree. After I get that I will certify in the state of Texas. I told them though that my intention is to really just sub a few days a week and that I want to stay home and have more babies. I think some of them think I'm crazy! I have a hard time saying no I think that is why I have been subbing full time this year. Now that the school knows me so well, and for some reason they like me a lot, they keep me busy. This week is Spring Break so I am looking forward to relaxing.


Mav's Game
Last night we went to the Mavericks game with the tickets we won at the silent auction. We went with the Edward's and it was so much fun!!! We had platinum parking...that just means that we didn't have to pay and our car was right across the street from our entrance. The package also included free buffet at the Platinum Club. It was so good! The food was amazing. For the last two weeks I have been eating so good knowing that I would be pigging out last night. I think I had about 3 full plates of food ok maybe 2 and a half, I was stuffed afterwards!!! We didn't realize how good our seats were. After we were done eating we went to our seats and they were 4th row!!! Of course I forgot my camera and had to take pictures with my cell phone but the problem is I don't know where the cord is to plug into my camera to get the pictures off of it if I ever find it I will post some cool pics. There is new guy on the Mav's team named Lue. Robin went to High School with him and her brother played basketball with him. Robin yelled his name as loud as she could, this was his first home game and nobody knows who he is, after the 3rd yell he looked at her and then she yelled "Raytown" (where they are from and the name of their HS) he looked up and smiled and put his hand out. The very next basket that he made he looked at Robin and pointed. She was so excited!!! I think the people around us were like who is this girl yelling? Anyway it was a lot of fun being so close. After the first period we went back up to the Platinum Club, we had on special wristbands that gave us access, and we ate dessert YUMMY! We took 2 hot dogs with us to our seats but we never ate them because we were too full. It was all you can eat so we thought why not. Needless to say it was a great night and it was definitely worth the $65 that we paid for it! The Mav's one too. One more thing, this is crazy, after the game when we got back to the Edward's car it was turned around. Chris had pulled in forward and when we got back to the car it had been backed it. We all looked at it and were like what??? Chris was like this is my car...we have no idea how his car got turned around he had the keys the whole time. It was a really weird we figured it was just part of the Platinum Package!

P.S. I have no desire to eat today food sounds gross I'm a little queasy. When you are not used to eating like I did last night it does a number on your stomach.

4 comments:

Hil said...

Sounds like you had a blast! Awesome food, awesome fun, awesome parking benefits... hee-hee. Definitely post some pics if you can!

Torrie said...

The little parking gnomes must have gotten to the car. Sounds like a fun night with some neat perks!

Wendy said...

I am still so jealous! You know what is funny, we were invited to the Mavericks game last night with some friends but I had to work. It would have been fun to see you there. Dave is still so upset- I told him it is his fault! Anyway, I was thinking about you guys today. I will try to give you a call tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun. The food sounds so good! i love that somehow the car got turned around, weird!