Monday, March 3, 2008

I want to get out!!!

So right now I am listening to my son whining, "I want to get out!" After school today on the way to the store Jacob was being extremely difficult, I don't remember what started it, and for the way he was acting I told him he could sit on his bed for 5 min. when we got home. Of course that increased his bad behavior so I said now it's 10. He didn't like that too much either, now it's 15. Well it took him until 25 min. to figure out the more he argued the more time I was going to give him. Anyway, that was fun! Oh, and during all this I had called Kevin and he was really busy so I said just call me back when you get a chance. Off we went to Walmart and my phone was still on vibrate from me being at school. I didn't hear him calling. Well all he heard when I called is Jacob screaming in the background and he thought we had gotten disconnected. I was in the checkout line when I realized he was calling. He had gotten so worried, he thought we had gotten into a car accident, that he left work and drove home. We were not there, remember I'm still at Walmart. So I feel my purse vibrating and I pick it up and he is like, "where are you guys?" After I explained the situation all was well and he headed back to work. I looked at my phone afterwards and there were 10 missed calls from Kev and at home there were 3 messages on the phone. So why is my husband such a worrier? It could be because his store got robbed last night and he is a little worried. Luckily he was not there. He got a call at about 10 pm. He didn't pick it up immediately but listened to the voice mail a few minutes later. One of the employees was calling Kevin when the guys walked in and he just set the phone down and Kevin's voice mail recorded the whole thing. Crazy! Needless to say I was freaked out thinking that Kevin could have been there. I think we are both a little freaked out by it. Thankfully nobody was hurt!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! that is amazing! what a blessing that he was not there!

Stacie said...

Oh wow, scary! So glad that he wasn't there. What's up with these strong-willed boys? I've got one too! Luckily they are good more than bad.

Hil said...

yikes!!! double yikes!!
Next time threaten to take American Idol away - seems like that worked once. :)