Sunday, March 30, 2008

Here is the low down on my week...

I woke up Monday morning after a nice relaxing Spring Break. I was in the shower and bent down and that was all it took. I felt my back go out and then I was like oh no this is not good. I finished getting ready for school in pain. I went in early, about 7:30, so I could get the day going and get my lesson plans ready for whoever was coming in. Now me being the sub needed a sub. I was there until about 9:30 I was debating whether I should stay or not. Knowing what I do now it is good that I did not stay. The pain in my back just got worse through out the day. Finally around 3:30 my mom took me to the ER. My regular doctor could not see me until Wednesday but the pain was so bad I needed some drugs bad!!! I got off the couch when my mom got to my house and I went in to my room to get some pants on and I had a back spasm. I ended up on the floor because that is the only way I could get the pain to go was to lay down. The problem was I then had to get back up. Imagine with me for a moment if you would...me like 2 times bigger then my mom and her trying her best to put pants on me and help me off the floor. It was so sad but almost funny at the same time. About 30 min. later we were in the car on the way to the ER when I had another spasm. I'm screaming and my mom is trying to drive. Once we got to the ER I told them that I can't sit strait up I have to lay down. They didn't have any beds available my mom told them they needed to find one because I can't sit. They found one and brought the bed out to the car and I got in it and they wheeled me into the ER. Hey at least I didn't have to wait in the waiting room we got right in. By this time Kevin had met us at the hospital. The ER doc was a total jerk and did not have an ounce of compassion in his body. He came in and was like, "what is your problem." Anyway, he wrote me a prescription for what he said would be a pain pill and a muscle relaxer and was going to send me on my way. I told him that I could not get off the bed unless he gave me something. He gave me a vicodin and I was able to get up and go home. I went to my mom's because we were all planning on having dinner over there so I figured I would just lay on her couch. Well after laying there for a few hours I really had to go to the bathroom. This was a problem because I could literally NOT get up from the couch the pain was so bad. The doctor had actually only given me 2 pain medications and not a muscle relaxer. Kevin and Papa (my step dad) had to go up to the hospital and get another prescription. The doctor was like well what do you want, Kevin was thinking I don't know you are the doctor. I think he thought I just wanted some drugs. During this time my mom and my friend Sandi were trying to help me get up to go to the bathroom. For those of you who do not know I can't go potty if I am not sitting on a toilet. I guess there is a medical term for this I'm not sure what it is called. So my mom and Sandi had some "great" ideas to try to get me to go to the bathroom while I was on the couch. The first step was for them to take off my pants. Remember they could do anything they wanted and I would not have been able to stop them. They put a bowl off the side of the couch and had me hang over it and try to go. They took the couch cushion out from under my bottom and put Tupperware under me and told me to go. Sandi had my hands in warm water and was pushing on my bladder. None of this was working. Then my mom decided she would duct tape a freezer bag to me and let me go. I begged her not to do that because then we would have another set of problems after she removed the duct tape. This went on for a while and finally my medications kicked in enough for them to help me up. They finally got me up and I'm standing there with no pants on as they are supporting me while I walk to the bathroom. I sat down and I was so thankful to finally be able to go potty. Good times! The whole time I was laughing because it was all so funny but it hurt to laugh. My mom is trying to give me words of comfort and I was like please just shut up. She was making me laugh so hard! I finally got to see my doctor on Wednesday and he gave me a shot and some magic pills. He told me that what the ER doctor had given me was pretty much a waist. So now I am on Steroids, Hydrocodone, and anti inflammatories. He thinks that I have some swelling in my back and it is pinching a nerve. Fun fun fun! Well that's that I am feeling much better and I am glad to be back to almost normal. I still have some pain but nothing compared to what it was.

We had a great Easter and a great Spring Break! I can't wait until summer when we can hang out and not have a schedule. We are going to get a pool pass and hang out out the pool all summer. Jacob starts baseball in a couple of weeks and he is really excited about that. Our Stake boundaries got reorganized today and we are not in my parents ward anymore which is so weird because they live so close. I am excited about the new changes though. Kevin will be busy this week helping the Bishop get everything going for the new ward. It is starting to warm up and I think I am going to have to turn the air on this week which makes me sad. I really do not want to pay a high electricity bill. I guess that is about it for now. Thanks for reading my long blog!

3 comments:

Torrie said...

Ha Ha! I can picture you on the couch laughing in spite of yourself. I'm sorry the ER doc was such a jerk but at least your regular doctor was able to help. I'm glad that you are feeling better now. Thanks for the laugh (even though it probably wasn't that funny at the time). I can just picture the whole bathroom incident.

Hilary said...

I'm glad that your back is better! I've had my share of back problems and I know they are not fun at all. I got your e-mail. I was wondering if you got mine? Awhile ago I sent you the finished blog template and instructions on how to put it on your blog but I'm guessing that you didn't get the e-mail? I just sent you another e-mail so let me know if you got that one. Maybe my e-mails are going to your spam folder or something?

Anonymous said...

i am so glad that you are better now! Anytime you need help with a garbage bag and duck tape let me know.