Thursday, March 6, 2008

2nd Grade Here I Come!!!

Today the AP asked to speak with me, uh oh... what did I do? She asked me to sub in one of the 2nd grade classes until the end of the year (57 more days). I told her that I would do anything that she needed me to do. She still had to talk to the principal to see if they wanted to keep me in OCS or if they could get someone to replace me. A few minutes later she said, "you start on Monday." I went to the principal and told her, "you were supposed to say that you need me to stay in OCS." She laughed and said, "I'm sorry you didn't tell me in time." Of course I was just kidding, and her too. So I start on Monday!!! I'm actually really excited. The teacher for this class in on maternity leave until the end of the year and the sub that was supposed to take the long term assignment did not work out. Then they had a sub in there for this week and she does not want to do it until the end of the year. See originally I was going to do a 6 week leave for another teacher but they wanted to keep me in OCS, plus I think technically if you are going to be out for more then 6 weeks you are supposed to have a certified teacher. The kids in this 2nd grade class of had so many different teachers in the last few weeks and no consistency. I talked to the 2nd grade team leader (who I hope is Jacob's teacher next year) and she is really excited, me too. It will be a lot of work. The 4 week job I had at the beginning of the year was easy because she had all of the lesson plans and all of the work copied and ready to go for me. This will not be like that at all, I will have to do lesson plans and grading, the real deal! Wish me luck, better yet say a prayer for me. Well I'm off to work out and then to speak at a Baptism.

2 comments:

Hil said...

You'll do great!! Let me know if I can help you with anything, ok?
Love you~ Hil

Stacie said...

I'm so excited for you! You'll be awesome.