Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Well hello there...

So it's been a while, this is the norm around here for me. As much as I try and think about blogging it just never seems to happen. I have many ideas in my head of what I can do with my blog but so far they are just ideas. Maybe one day they will come to fruition.

So here's what we have been up to the last few months.

October was a great month with great fall weather. We are so thankful to live in such a beautiful place with lots to do outside. We headed to TX for a visit at the beginning of October. Jacob had a week off of school for Fall Break. It was great to go home for a visit. Next time I think I will just sit on my mom's couch and tell everyone to come and visit me. It was a crazy busy week trying to see everyone. It was all worth it though and we had a great time. While we were there we went to the Ft. Worth Zoo. This was Riley's first trip to the zoo, we had a lot of fun.

Later in October we went hiking and went to a nature center in Asheville, NC. Definitely a neat place and somewhere we will be visiting again.

Then we celebrated Halloween and had a lot of fun. I made Jacob's costume, he was a mummy. I thought it would be a pretty simple costume and like usual for me, I waited to the day before Halloween to make it. I had purchased white muslin and dyed it with tea bags. I also bought a long sleeve t-shirt and sweat pants. After dying the fabric I ripped it into long strips and began gluing it to the t-shirt and sweat pants. It took a lot longer then I had anticipated but it looked great when I was all done and Jacob loved it so that is all that matters. Riley was a cute little lady bug, loved her costume!

Then came November where we enjoyed more beautiful weather. We spent our first Thanksgiving here in TN and really enjoyed ourselves. We had the missionaries over for dinner and had a super yummy meal made by yours truly! I have really enjoyed cooking and baking lately.

Well I am sure there are all kinds of things I forgot to mention for Oct/Nov but the following pictures will help. They are not in order but this is the way they downloaded so this is the way they will stay. Hopefully I can download some more and talk about December in my next post.





Our sweet little one is always finding something new to get her hands on, when she discovered door stops and the fun noise they make she was pretty fascinated.



Playing on her rocking horse.




When she first started crawling it took her a couple of days to figure out how to get over the bars on her jumper and play underneath it. She was so happy to be able to play under there.




Happy Thanksgiving!




I love the faces that she makes when I give her new foods. I can only imagine what she is thinking.




She LOVES her daddy's phone!




Bath time, she is now out of the baby bath and into the regular bath and she loves crawling around in the tub and playing with all her toys.




Hiking was just too much for her.




What a cutie!




Hiking Buffalo Mountain



I love these cute little leg warmers!




My cute little lady bug.




My scary mummy.




Love that smile.



First time on a slide.




This is in Asheville, NC at the Wildlife Nature Center.




We headed out to Fenders Farm for some fun and a corn maze. Kevin and Jacob loved jumping on this giant balloon.




My happy girl!




Riley and Grandma Quinn.




My two favorite kiddos at the zoo.



Ft. Worth Zoo



Playing in her toy basket.




Hopefully I will be back sooner rather then later.

1 comment:

Megan Gunyan said...

Such cute kids! Their smiles are amazing!