Another summer day, oh how I LOVE summer! OK it could be 10 degrees cooler here but o'well. I'm looking forward to CA in just over a week. Just thinking about it makes me smile!
So yesterday at church one of the talks was about friendship. It was given by Michelle who is new in our ward. It really made me think about what kind of friend I am not only to my close friends but to all my interactions with people. I often have the best intentions to introduce myself to new people but sometimes I just don't. It's not like I am shy I have no problem talking to complete strangers. In the talk she talked about examples in the scriptures of good friends. I want to be that kind of friend to my friends. Not that you have to be BFF's with everyone you meet but to be friendly with everyone. I think that when someone is new especially in the ward they feel alone and I know how that feels I've been the new girl plenty of times in my life. I guess what all this babbling is about that I want to make a better effort to befriend new people who come into my life and I want to be a better friend to my friends I already have. I love my friends and I don't know what I would do without them.
Today is the dreaded day when I go swimsuit shopping. I have found a super cute suit online but it costs around $100. I want to look around first and see if there is something I can find locally. I spent $80 two years ago and my swimsuit and I loved it. It is so worn out though and it is definitely time for a new one. Why do they have to be so expensive? Are the immodest ones cheaper? They must be because they have way less fabric. Who knows but what's a girl to do she has to have a cute swimsuit. Hey if I can find one here for cheaper that would be great! I am going to drop Jacob off at my moms for a little bit while I go shopping, he is excited about that. He hates clothes shopping! To be honest I don't like clothes shopping with him much either. I can't really spend the time I want so I think swimsuit shopping alone is a good idea. Oh ya...I got my first pair of prescription sunglasses. I am so in love with them. I never wear sunglasses because I am blind with out my glasses and contacts don't do well in my eyes anymore. Wish my luck in my swimsuit finding endeavors today!
2 comments:
I love the new blog design! I just bought a shapewear swimsuit on-line and I am in love! I can't believe I didn't buy one sooner. If only it were cool to wear Spanx leggings while you swim, I would be set.
There are many things that I will spend $100 on. A fabulous handbag. Fierce heels. A nice watch. But I would NEVER spend $100 on a swimsuit! Try Marshall's, TJ Maxx, & Academy. Surely, between the three stores you'll find an inexpensive modest swimsuit. Let us know what happens. Good luck!
BTW, I'm loving the new look of your blog :o)
Post a Comment