Saturday, April 4, 2009

I'm Officially White Trash

I apologize in advance if you too are white trash and hang your clothes on a line in the back yard. OK so my mom has been telling me for a while now that she loves hanging her clothes on the line. Not only does she love the savings on her electric bill she loves the smell and feel of the clothes and the whole experience. So after calling her white trash (I'm really just kidding about the white trash thing...OK maybe a little I'm not) for sometime I too decided to have clothes lines in my back yard. So today my mom came over and we put them up and I hung my first load of laundry on the line. I must say my number one reason in doing this is to save some $$$.

Thanks a bunch mom, you're the best!

5 comments:

Hendrickson said...

i don't have a line corey won't allow it.. so i use a drying rack and i drag it outside.. funny thing in the summer here.. the clothes dry faster outside then the dryer. Good luck with the clothes line and enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

That's old school, that's what it is! We (black people)grew up using clothes lines. We had a dryer, but my mom liked the smell and feel of freshly dried, wind whipped linen and clothing. They make your house smell so good. There's nothing trashy about it. What you do in your yard is your business.

Courtney said...

If it saves money, I say go for it!

Torrie said...

Where are you sister?! I miss your blog updates!

Lisa M said...

Your Mom was telling me all about it one day. I was curious if you have seen much of a change in your bill like she did??