Sunday, March 15, 2009

Update on Who's In My Garage

OK after being sufficiently scared the next morning it happened again!!! I call 911 immediately because I am sure that someone is hanging out in my garage. The dispatch lady was really sweet and offered for someone to come out but there was really no need seeing as the garage door boogie man disappeared too fast. She also suggested that it my be a short in the garage door opener and that is why it was opening and closing on its own. I thought that could be a possibility but why was it only happening in the early morning and at no other time. Before Kevin left for work he backed my car into the drive way and we shut the garage door and unplugged it. Me with my wild imagination had myself so worked up that I called my mom and she came to my house after seminary and hung out while I got ready for school. On Saturday after returning from Costco we left the garage open because we were going right back out. All of the sudden we hear it closing on its own by this time we are no longer scared just annoyed. Later that day Kevin changed the code on the garage door and the openers and the neighbor boy unscrewed the opener that is attached to the wall and made sure the wires were right. We thought that if it was a short we fixed that and if someone was on the same frequency as us we fixed that too. It happened again later that night and so we have resorted to unplugging the stupid thing. So I am now convinced (even though on Wednesday night I would have sworn that there was somebody in there) that there was never anyone in our garage. Sorry to freak everyone out...including myself!!! Now we have to figure out how to fix it. It might even have to do with the plug itself...who knows! I'm sure this will all be funny to me some day!

1 comment:

Torrie said...

Thanks for the update. That's a relief that no one was in your garage after all. Now you can sleep at night without worrying about someone creeping around.